This course assists students with personal and professional development for successful employment with a concentration on developing a positive self-image, assessing competitive strengths, appropriate career expectations, learning job search techniques, understanding your social media presence, preparing for the interview and effective resume preparation. The course also stresses the value of aligning your educational goals and outcomes with your professional goals.
Objectives of this module are
- Learn how to optimize and leverage your social media presence (LinkedIn, GitHub, e-mail, voicemail, etc.)
- Learn how to build the optimal resume(s) and cover letter for your career goals
- Learn about successful job searching techniques and tapping into the "hidden markets"
- Learn how to understand your work-related value
- Learn effective strategies for networking and building relationships
- Learn how to prepare for the interview process (technical skills versus soft skills)
- Learn the professional etiquette for follow-up after the interview
Independent Practice Project
- Successfully create a professional resume which links to your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles
Operating System Requirements
- Windows 7+, OSX 10+, Linux
Back to courses
Target Average Time to Complete Course